Soul Eater




Soul Eater I've seen it's name pop up many times all over the internet searching for an anime to watch. I just never mustered enough energy or will to click on it simply because it's title never seemed appealing to me. I thought here we go again another anime where some douche baggy cold hero that goes around eating souls, so I thought. One day i'm having a withdrawal cause god knows how long it's been since I watched a decent anime so I call my friend freaking out, "Dude do you know any good animes i'm freaking out dude FREAKING OUT!" he hung up. So I called him back and asked nicely to see if he had any recommendation to feed my cracklike addiction to anime. He suggested Soul Eater. "Soul Eater? huh? it must be good then"I thought to myself. I decided to finally to take a look at it because this friend of mine never ever watches an anime unless it kicks some major ass unlike me who watches almost every god forsaken ones that shouldn't even been made into an anime "cough" negima "cough"

I watched the first episodes and WOW!

I couldn't have been more wrong about this anime!

Kinda....

The first thing that enticed me was the it's vivid animation it all looked so smooth and well drawn and it's theme has a Halloweeny feel to it a bit like The Nightmare Before Christmas. The fight scenes are amazing the sound effects, the angles they show the fights in really draw you in and captures you in the drama which I enjoyed thoroughly it felt as if I were watching a movie. The soundtrack was pretty decent except some very climatic scenes I felt the song playing in the background just didn't fit the mood and made it less epic then it could have been. The comedy in this anime bites you in the face when you least suspect it which makes it funny as hell most of the time they are well executed but sometimes you get a WTF moment which can still be funny... if your high. It's hard to say what the main plot is since it changes alot as it progresses at first the meisters are trying to collect 100 souls for their weapons in order for them to become the Shinigami's death scythe in their school and then the story seems to astray from that plot and go onto something more and then a barrage of more plots add to the story due to the 3 main characters which all start intertwining with each other as you go further. The fillers man were they something. All most pretty much boring, some were hilarious, and then these random Excalibur ones which has a love/hate thing going on because this little dog thing(I think it's part dog) with a cane just keeps going on and on about himself calling people fool's you either laugh because you see how annoyed the characters start to get or you just get annoyed yourself. I myself would be in between just which he would've player a bigger role because he was a badass.

Here's a small Preview I made for SOUL EATER ENJOY!


The amazing cast of characters I feel really made this anime as good as it is. There are 7 main characters 3 mesiters and their 4 weapons lemme describe them to you. First off i'll start off with my favorite Black Star! he's the ninja of the group with a big attitude because he is a "Big Man" on stage with probably the best catch phrases ever(what's a ninja without his catch phrases?) he'll never be caught saying "Believe It" instead he says things like "I will Surpass God" which is probably the most badass thing I ever heard and has made it his life's mission to "Surpass God". His weapon is the soft spoken Tsubaki who is pretty much is a the ultimate weapon she has the ability to turn into a shuriken, smoke bomb, dagger, and a badass sword later in the story also did I mention she is pretty hot?



Anyways moving on to Maka the headstrong bookworm with daddy inssues *YAWN*....... She complains alot during the storyline which probaly made me not like her( or maybe it was her chest?)and she never seems to make her damn mind up on anything. Even though she seems like such a badass in the begining you think she would be the strongest of the three right? WRONG! She does have some super badass abilities i'll give her that but, she never really had any good one on one fights like the other 2 main characters most of the time she was getting her ass kicked but when they fight as a group she really does shines . Her weapon is the self proclaimed cool guy Soul who Maka spends most of her time bitching at if it's not her dad. He usually hangs out with Black Star and when those two are together they are funny as hell both of them probably had the funniest moments in all of the anime.


Now on for the 3rd Death The Kid Son of the Shinigami with a massive OCD problem with symmetry. If it ain't symmetrical he has a nervous breakdown and shut's down or if it's too symmetrical he stays there in awe either way he has his funny moments pretty much a lose a lose. His Weapons are Liz and Patty the the Thompson sisters they transform into some smexy ass pistols. Liz is the vain one who is always seeming to be doing something with makeup and the one who most of the time has to snap Death the Kid out of the OCD Problem because Patty is too much of an airhead to notice. Then there is Patty the happy outgoing one with the IQ of a one hell of a mean voice which she only uses in dire situations. Well that's the Wrap Up On the Main Characters even though that is fraction of all the amazing cast of characters in the story I will Leave it up to you to watch it and discover them yourself.